Friday, August 6, 2010

New Vision In My Life

So I was sitting on my couch the other day, wondering what am I going to do with my life.  I am an exercise science major but what can I accomplish with that?  I have been told by multiple people that I should be a sports broadcaster.  That would be a blast.  I love sports and I've even worked as an anchor on my school's sports television show.  I've also been told I should be a youth pastor.  I do love kids.  I think that it's our responsibility as older human beings to take care of our youth and help them pursue their dreams.  So I was thinking about how I might be able to combine my degree, my love for sports, and my passion for children and I think I came up with a pretty cool idea.  I want to open up an organization, or a foundation, or a charity....whatever you want to call it that helps kids improve their athletic abilities, while helping them improve their lives as well.  Now I know that many organizations out there help with one or the other but I've done some research and there are very little that help kids in both areas.  I even thought of a name: "Athletes For A Better Life".  There is an organization out there called Athletes For a Better World but I think mine can differ enough to make it successful.  Anyways, just was wondering what you guys thought about it.  Let me know, whether you have good things or bad things to say about it.  Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. that would be a very admirable undertaking, and i think rewarding as well. as with anything, planning and preparedness would be key. i would say if this is what you want to do with all your heart, then go for it and let nothing stop you.

    ~ Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kassandra. That means a lot. I know it's going to take a lot of preparation and dedication but I think I can do it. But that will be something I can start a little later in life. You know, when I have some capital lol. College kids don't have time or money to start something like this. But again, I appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea! You are so good in all those areas and definately care for people. I agree with Kassandra - do what's in your heart and don't let anything...or anyONE...stop you! God will guide you to the right financial opportunities if you ask. What an inspiring course to take in your life Ryan! I'm so proud of the man you have become!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff-Thank you so much. That was really encouraging. I think I've grown a little since my student council days lol. Hope everything is going well with you and Travis.

    ReplyDelete