Friday, July 30, 2010

Life as an Observant Male

So as many of you know, I am working in the mall this summer.  I never knew you could learn so much from sitting about observing your surroundings.  As I sit at my booth, located between Wet Seal, Victoria's Secret, and Sephora, I see a lot of women.  This time has given me the opportunity to watch and study the female gender.  And boy have I learned a lot.  It seems like women, when approached by a stranger who has a question for them or a product to sell them, always try their hardest to avoid the situation.  I've seen many different approaches to this avoidance: the look and dart past when they aren't looking, the walk on by like no one is talking, and of course the blunt rejections.  Now I'm being genderist (new word).  I've just noticed that it happens more with women than men.

Now for a little critique on the males.  I have seen too many men try to fight their way out of certain situations with their girlfriends or wives.  The woman wants to go into a store to look for something.  The male stands there, complains (throws a fit in a way), and refuses.  They may also come up with an excuse like "We have to go...remember?"  Now I don't thoroughly enjoy shopping (like most males don't) but I do believe in being a man.  And this means, guys, if your woman wants to take you shopping, you should see that as a privilege.  Girls really don't want guys there to "help" them shop, but if she invites you, she wants to spend time with you.  So quit complaining and just go into the store with her.  Let her know that you are supportive.  Plus she is probably shopping for things to wear that you like.  She wants to look good for you.  What more could you ask for?  If anything, go in with her so you can regulate her spending : )

Alright well enough observations for one day.  Just bored at work and thought I'd share my experiences with y'all.  Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Great observations Ryan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol guys suck when it comes to shopping tips, but you're totally correct -- the girl invites the guy in order to spend time with him!

    ~ Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks Tiff. Kassandra-glad you can back me up on this one. i'd like to think i have a little taste when it comes to shopping tips though :)

    ReplyDelete