Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life Since Senior Year Started

Well as those who follow my blog know, I haven't posted in awhile.  Most of that is due to the fact that I have been busy with move-in and starting classes (for the last time!).  Anyways, so a friend of mine (*cough Kassandra) had informed me that I hadn't posted in forever so I thought I'd write a little something for y'all.

Senior year has officially started!  I am more than excited to be almost finished with school.  But of course there are downfalls to the end as well.  I am not looking forward to leaving a huge chunk of friends in Springfield.  The best thing about college is that you build relationships that will last forever.  And I believe I have found some really special friends and as much as I hate leaving them, I know that we will be friends for a long time.

I also started a new job recently.  Buying gold just wasn't doing it for me.  The job was a blessing and I'm thankful that I got to experience it but I was ready for a change.  So I landed a job at a place called AcuStep.  I am super excited about this position, as it more closely relates to my field of study.  Plus the doctor that founded the clinic is really down to earth and has a genuine passion for helping people, especially the diabetic community.  Since diabetes runs in my family, I think this job has really given me a passion for the disease and drive to help those in pain and discomfort.

Well that's pretty much all I've been up to these days.  Just enjoying football season as well.  I've got three fantasy football teams this year!  We'll see how they all turn out.  Oh ya I almost forgot!  I am commentating for a local high school football team, Mount Vernon.  I make comments about the game and fill in any information my play-by-play partner, Ed Beach, misses.  If you ever are bored on a Friday night or want to listen to the archived broadcast, you can go to www.mtneers.com, scroll down to 2010 Football Broadcasts and have a listen.  I have only done the two home games so far so Carl Junction and Seneca.  It's my first time broadcasting for anything and I really love it.  It's a blast.  So if I sound nervous or just awkward, it's because I'm still not quite used to it.  Normally the second half is better.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great rest of your week and an amazing weekend!

6 comments:

  1. well, i'm sure glad you didn't use my name in there! lol! the football commentating thing sounds like a lot of fun. i'm definitely going to try and check that out! have fun!

    ~ Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Now I'm nervous. lol. I don't want you thinking I'm horrible at it; I mean with all your football knowledge. :) But ya, I thought I'd disguise your name so no one knew who I was talking about. But now they all know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry, i'm sure you're good at it. i'm not a football expert or anything, i just know what i've learned from my dad. besides, i don't know the team like you do so i don't think there's much of an issue there. btw, i forgot to comment on the job. i'm very glad you found something more to your liking, and more in your area of interest.

    ~ Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kassandra. I am enjoying the new job a heck of a lot more. And I think I'm just ok at the whole broadcasting thing but I have fun and that's what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you never know; the broadcasting thing might end up being something you wnat to pursue. i haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but i definitely plan to.

    ~ Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I definitely agree. I've been told that I should go into something like sports broadcasting. We'll see. And thanks for checking it out. Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete